Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Insecure Writer’s Support Group (Nov)

The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. On this day we post about our thoughts, our doubts, and the fears we have conquered. We discuss our struggles and triumphs, and offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling.

Every post opens with a question (a blogging prompt, if you will), and this month's is:

Win or not, do you usually finish your NaNo project? Have any of them gone on to be published?


I will be honest, I have never done the NaNo thing. I have thought about it, but I would have to put blogging, reading, reviewing, and networking all on hold to really do it right. As enticing as some of that may sound, it is not just realistic.

Having said that, I do find that I write best under a deadline, which is probably why October was such a good month for me. Since I was compiling and editing Miss-Taken Identities, I could hardly be late with that and still chase others with a clear conscience; Alpha Transformation emerged from the pile of abandoned stories because I wanted something dark for the season, and it became twinned with Alpha Surrender when I found an underlying theme that really excited me; and Gender Swapped by the Haunted Brothel came about because I really wanted a proper Halloween story out the the holiday.

My new deadline is an arbitrary one, but I have been talking to a good friend about it, and I am finally ready to tackle that final rewrite of my paranormal romance novel. It is a big, ambitious, almost daunting project, but I love the story so much, and I finally feel prepared to do it justice.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like me - I'm a slow writer, so my entire evening after work had to be dedicated to writing in order to hit the word count.

    ReplyDelete